Eyes So Natural™
What sets us apart
from other practices?
It is our ability to restore self-esteem and self-confidence by producing the most natural cosmetic appearance for patients who have suffered from eye loss or eye trauma and are in need of eye prosthetics (artificial eye). We do this by employing a comprehensive range of products and techniques including:
- Patented Digital Iris Enhancement Upgrade – the only patented digital iris enhancement in the market, it duplicates the structure and intricacy of your natural eye
- Natural Motion Upgrade – we enhance the movement of your prosthesis to duplicate the natural motion of your natural eye.
- Custom Acrylic Prosthetic Eyes – each one of our prosthetic eyes is custom made in durable acrylic.
- Acrylic Scleral Shell Artificial Eyes – For people that do not need a full prosthetic eye, instead requiring a shell to return the eye to a natural look.
- Pediatrics – we specialize in working with very young children.
- Eye Builder: For patients with more limited means, but looking for a very high standard of treatment. The patient has the opportunity to look at the treatment options, along with the visual result, and choose which products and services to purchase. A custom package for each person using the eye builder.
- Insurance Coverage: Some patients decide that they wish to have only the service covered by their health insurance provider. In such cases, we work closely with the patient and the health insurance company to maximize the benefit to the patient while minimizing the cost to the patient, if any. We have coverage with most major health insurers.
- Humanitarian Cases: Under certain circumstances, elderly patients with limited means, as well as others do not have the financial means with which to purchase an artificial eye. We work with non-profit organizations and parent established charities to provide free eyes to patients as allowed.
Natural Motion Upgrade
Natural Motion: Two Approaches
- Our Non-Surgical Rehabilitation, or
- Surgical Reconstruction
This technique is very successful in our practice, as seen in the photo below. We frequently use therapy in preparation for enjoying the most natural looking cosmetic result. With our lid and socket therapy, we realign tissues and reduce limiting scar tissue, while harnessing motion from the cul-de-sacs.
We have participated in the development of eye techniques utilizing HYDROXYAPATITE and other porous orbital implants. This is a very exciting enhancement for those patients who have experienced excessive damage to their eye socket and do not have the necessary socket muscle structure to generate satisfactory movement of the prosthesis. Again, by closely working with your surgeon, we are able to restore a greater range of movement with this technique.
Custom Acrylic Prosthetic Eyes
The most encountered artificial eye is an acrylic prosthetic eye. It is used to replace a natural eye which has been either “enucleated” or “eviscerated.” These are the medical terms for surgical removal of all or part of a severely damaged, diseased or tumored eye.
Within about 4 to 8 weeks after surgery is the best time to begin custom fitting an artificial prosthetic eye, so our prosthesis can become an integral part of the healing process. This is most desirable because the prosthetic eye will serve to shape, contour, and form the tissues and eyelids back to their best possible anatomical position which, in turn will produce the most natural appearance and natural eye motion.
We start with making an impression of the eye socket to assure proper fit for maximum comfort and motility. After we have determined the proper shape for the artificial eye, the next step is artistic replication of the color of the eye.
We multi-layer both the iris and sclera with our patented digital technology to replicate intricate personal architectural relief as unique as a fingerprint, snowflake, or butterfly’s wing. This patented technology sets us apart from other ocularists. The fabrication is completed on site in our FDA approved laboratory. Our proprietary fitting and fabricating techniques give superior results in regard to appearance, comfort, and natural eye motion. Our history of expertise in overcoming the limitations of each eye socket, and producing the ideal fit, are factors that make our work internationally renowned.
Acrylic Scleral Shell Artificial Eyes
For situations where the eye’s vision has been lost, but the eye is not removed, the usual deterioration in appearance can be very successfully corrected by the use of a thin acrylic shell. Scleral shells fully cover a natural eye that has become disfigured and often is sensitive and painful. The medical term for such an eye condition is phthisical eye.
We have proprietary techniques for the creation of scleral shells which replicate subtle, multi-layer coloring and blending details to match the companion eye. In addition, we employ a special secondary enlargement technique to gently and symmetrically open the eyelid in a manner that avoids painful over-stretching of delicate eye tissues.
The highly positive feature of a thin scleral shell prosthetic eye is that it provides for virtually natural motion, since the natural eye is retained under the shell to give full movement to the prosthesis. In most cases, properly fitted scleral shells only need to be removed semi-annually for professional maintenance
Medical Specialty Contact Lenses
We have also developed a variation of hand painted hard & soft contact lenses specially for vision & non-vision patients who are in need of prosthetic lenses.
Most contact lenses are dot-matrix, dyed, or tinted one color. Each of our custom contact lenses are hand painted with natural brush strokes. Each custom contact lens is made per client under our FDA licensing.
We specialize in:
- Bandage Lenses
- Corneal Dystrophy
- Corneal Opacity
- High Astigmatism
- High Myopia
- Iris Tears
- Irregular Cornea
- Persistent Epithelial Defects
- Post Cataract Surgery
- Post Keratoplasty
- Dry Eye
- Steven Johnson Syndrome
- Sports Vision Lenses
Fashion Hand Painted Contact Lens
We specialize in:
- Custom Hand Painted Lenses (Change of Color)
- Film Industry Lens
- Personal Message/Tattoo Effect
Change of Color
Entertainment Contact Lenses